His Enduring Promise
This week has been quite a week. My father was admitted to the hospital, again and his frailness overwhelmed me. I spoke with him today and while he sounded better I still am struck with the sense that he might not be around much longer. I feel like I am only starting to know my father and I have this sense that I need to take advantage of every chance I have with him. I felt the same way when looking at my grandparents this week. These people who I love and who love me more than I realize are getting old and will some day die. Have I told them lately that I loved them? Do my loved ones all have an assurance of my love? More importantly, do they all know about the amazing love available to them through Christ? We are mortal but His love endures forever.

1 Comments:
At 6/02/2006 10:08 AM,
Anonymous said…
Do so. It is a very say day when you know you are saying goodbye to someone for the last time. I can only imagine how much worse it would be to not be able to prepare; to discovered that your previous conversation, however that ended: good, bad, or indifferent, was your last memory with the person.
--DS
Post a Comment
<< Home