Building up Spiritual Strength?
I have started to increase my workout routine thanks to an encouraging friend. I also have a friend training for a marathon. As I think about gearing up and building our physical strength I find myself with a question. How am I growing my spiritual strength? I know that spending time in the word and prayer are avenues to build our relationship with Christ. When lifting weights, I can see the growth as I add more weight. How do I know where I am at in my spiritual walk? I have found that where I think I am at is not always true.
Two months ago, I would have told you that my faith was strong and I could feel the Holy Spirit at work in so many aspects of my life. Today, I start to question some of those areas where I thought I was being lead. How do you know?
Two months ago, I would have told you that my faith was strong and I could feel the Holy Spirit at work in so many aspects of my life. Today, I start to question some of those areas where I thought I was being lead. How do you know?

2 Comments:
At 6/06/2006 12:22 AM,
Anonymous said…
Is this where transparency in Christian community is important?
-DC
At 6/06/2006 5:05 PM,
Ramona said…
according to Scripture (galatians 5:16-18, 22), exhibiting the fruits of the Spirit is one way that you can see if you are growing. sometimes the fruits in your life are very evident, and other times they may be hidden. and i think that might correspond to the different seasons in our walk with the Lord--seasons of fruit to seasons of drought. but, i think that as long as we continue to seek and come before God, that He will help us grow in Him.
Post a Comment
<< Home