Pondering Scripture
It turns out that many more people read my blog than I actually realized. So... I have another question to throw out there to the public. In my daily quiet time I just finished Leviticus. As I was reading through the various types of offerings and commands I found myself asking "How can I apply this to what I am going through now?" I have had many heavy questions weighing on my mind lately and I have been crying out to God for answers. I have to be honest that I did not find much during my reading of Leviticus. I am not doing a yearly reading program but rather reading through the whole bible at my own pace. After thinking about what I can take from this chapter I have come to a couple of conclusions.
1. I praise God for the fulfillment of His covenant through Jesus Christ.
2. While these legalistic practices seem harsh to me, God is worthy.
3. It really is impossible for me to earn righteousness through my own actions.
Do these seem totally crazy? Am I missing the forest for the trees or vice versa? This goes along with my earlier post about feeling God so clearly in my life previously (my two month example) but not as much now. Someone made the comment about needing community. While I do completely agree with needing community (I am loving my community right now) I can't rely on it for my fulfillment. That has to ultimately come through Christ. My community can't see or judge my heart or necessarily answer my heavy questions.
On a side note, for those interested my father is doing much better. I spoke with him tonight and I did tell him that I loved him. Good night.
1. I praise God for the fulfillment of His covenant through Jesus Christ.
2. While these legalistic practices seem harsh to me, God is worthy.
3. It really is impossible for me to earn righteousness through my own actions.
Do these seem totally crazy? Am I missing the forest for the trees or vice versa? This goes along with my earlier post about feeling God so clearly in my life previously (my two month example) but not as much now. Someone made the comment about needing community. While I do completely agree with needing community (I am loving my community right now) I can't rely on it for my fulfillment. That has to ultimately come through Christ. My community can't see or judge my heart or necessarily answer my heavy questions.
On a side note, for those interested my father is doing much better. I spoke with him tonight and I did tell him that I loved him. Good night.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home