From The Middle Of A Soybean Field

Mindless musings to pass the time while staring at lots of soy...

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Baking Fool

I made two cakes recently and they tasted great. I am not great at taking pictures of them so please realize that the pictures don't do them justice.

This is my Berry Quickbread. It was gluten, dairy, refined sugar, and egg free. The picture looks weird but it was very moist and aromatic. Unfortunately, I don't remember how I made it.



This was my favorite. I made a cherry upside down cake that was dairy and egg free. I used a normal cake recipe with cherry juice as the liquid. I used cherries, oil (minimal), and brown sugar for the topping. This was so good.


I have the bad habit of not writing down my ingredients. It always seems logical and easy to remember at the time. If these luscious treats are calling out to you then let me know. I can probably put together something close to these guys.

2 Comments:

  • At 2/26/2008 12:23 PM, Blogger Fruit tart said…

    Wow. Looks like you became a posting fool on Sunday . . . and you said you had too much studying to do to watch a movie! ;-)

    It looks good . . . do we get some on Saturday?

     
  • At 2/26/2008 12:26 PM, Blogger Ofelia said…

    I should clarify. I made these things a couple of months ago. I only downloaded the pics from my camera on Sunday. I needed them for something else and I got distracted. Shiny things always get me...

    I still didn't get my taxes done. When I post a lot that usually means that there is something that I don't want to do.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home