From The Middle Of A Soybean Field

Mindless musings to pass the time while staring at lots of soy...

Monday, February 11, 2008

Calling All Bakers

I am sitting on about four posts but for now I have a request. Due to the unfortunate "holiday" on Thursday I have decided to make something nice. I saw a Red Velvet Cake for the very first time this weekend. It was very red and looked fabulous. Does anyone out there have a recipe that they know works? I am okay if my cake looks like I severed an artery but I need it to have flavor equal to or greater than the effort required to make it.

1 Comments:

  • At 2/12/2008 9:40 PM, Blogger Ellie said…

    Unfortunate holiday. Ha ha.

    I don't have a recipe myself, but my mother-in-law often makes a red velvet cake and unfortunately it contains a lot of red food coloring which Owen is apparently allergic to, because after he eats the cake...um...I'll stop there so you can enjoy your cooking. Just be careful not to feed it to anyone who is...eh...allergic to things. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home