From The Middle Of A Soybean Field

Mindless musings to pass the time while staring at lots of soy...

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Lecture Tomorrow

I have to lecture to about 700 students tomorrow. The topic is Food Evolution Through the Ages. In chemistry, I lectured to about 300 students and that was a little interesting. This is for people outside the department and they can use this class to fulfill their physical sciences requirement. I am trying to think of ways to make the lecture more interesting since this is the first real lecture they will be getting for the class. Last period was syllabus and introduction. I don't want half the class to drop after they listen to my dry lecture.

I am not usually nervous but for this I am a bit nervous.

3 Comments:

  • At 1/16/2008 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You go, girl! I wish I could go - the topic sounds interesting.

    Ellie

     
  • At 1/18/2008 11:16 AM, Blogger Ofelia said…

    The lecture went alright. There was an audio problem in the room and my movies had no sound. I had to add an additional 15 minutes of talking. For those of you who know me, you know that this was no problem. Overall, I received positive responses. Also, I got an email yesterday telling me that the audio problem was fixed. I am glad that it was something beyond my control and not "user error".

     
  • At 1/18/2008 11:18 AM, Blogger Ofelia said…

    Ellie,

    I can give you the 5 minute summary later.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home