From The Middle Of A Soybean Field

Mindless musings to pass the time while staring at lots of soy...

Sunday, March 02, 2008

My Dad's Obstacle to Returning Home

When prayer requests have been sent out for my father, God has responded in amazing ways. I humbly submit this update and prayer request.

I have updated information about my dad that is quite concerning. According to the doctors, the thing that is keeping my dad in the hospital is not his heart. He was experiencing kidney problems but now his liver is also being affected. He is on dialysis but he has too much ammonia in his body and his white blood cell count is also elevated. He is coughing up some things from his lungs that are dark green and black. These things are not improving with the dialysis. The doctors feel that his body is at war with itself. I think that my father is at war with something of a more spiritual nature.

My stepmother has been quite fortunate in the fact that her work has allowed her to use all her stored vacation. She has to return in two weeks. She and I had a long talk on the phone and she conveyed her fears to me. She is afraid of what will happen when she has to leave my father alone in the hospital. He is disoriented right now and it makes him really upset.

I really appreciate your prayers and so does the rest of my family. Please pray that my stepmother would have peace when she has to leave my father. Also, please pray for mercy on my father as he fights . I know that when it is God's timing then He will take my father. Clearly there is still more that God has planned for him. My father has been sharing his testimony with his caregivers in the hospital and some of them have asked for books to read more about it. It is clear that God is being glorified in all of this. He provided me with the right words to encourage my stepmother and allowed me to pray with her. That is our praise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home