From The Middle Of A Soybean Field

Mindless musings to pass the time while staring at lots of soy...

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Icebox Pot Pie (Solution for a Full Freezer)

If you have a full freezer and need to make room for things, make a pot pie. My freezer was full and I needed to rotate through some frozen vegetables. I made an icebox pot pie.

Icebox Pot Pie
Some chicken-I had leg meat
Some vegatebles-I had soup medley and green beans
Some gravy-broth or whatever you have in the cupboard.
Topping- 1c. milk, flour, some butter, 1.5t baking powder, salt
Add your favorite spices-I used poultry seasoning, parsley, cayenne pepper, and paprika (also trying to use some older spices).

Bake at 350 until golden and bubbly. Around 45 minutes to a hour. Enjoy!!

If you want to go the even easier route then you can use Bisquick. Just watch the trans fats. Regular bisquick has quite a bit.

2 Comments:

  • At 7/12/2008 12:24 AM, Blogger 20-30-40 said…

    I want to see photos!

     
  • At 7/12/2008 4:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Great idea. I needed to make room for even more frozen cherries, so I threw in frozen broccoli and peas, along with some chicken and pork, and added a vidalia onion, two Yukon gold potatoes, some fresh green beans, and probably a bit too much sage.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home