From The Middle Of A Soybean Field

Mindless musings to pass the time while staring at lots of soy...

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Stop Living A Christian Life

I was given some interesting advice in a sermon a few weeks ago. I was told to stop living a Christian life. Let's just say that was a way to open a sermon. The speaker talked about the fact that we couldn't ever completely live a Christian life. We would always lack on our own. He said that it was time to let Christ fill us and live in us. We couldn't do it on our own but Christ can. I have really been challenged by that the last few days. The speaker apparently is renowned for his sermons on Matthew. He was a spry older gentleman who had lost some of his hair but none of his love for the Lord. He was the invited speaker for a revival type weekend at my family's church in Delaware, Ohio. I wished that I had been able to listen to more of his talks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home