From The Middle Of A Soybean Field

Mindless musings to pass the time while staring at lots of soy...

Monday, June 26, 2006

The Power of Quiet

You know the phrase "Be still and know that I am God". Well there is so much wisdom in those words. I had mentioned that last week was not a good one for those that I care about. It got much better for one of my friends but not all of them. I kept trying to think of things to say as encouragement but quite frankly I am not what they need. They needed to feel God's presence in the midst of their turmoil. Only He can ease their worries. I get reminded that when faced with conflict the first thing that I want to do is go talk to someone about it. The first thing I ought to do is to give it over to God. To be still before Him and bow to His will.

I interrupt that train of thought because I have just received an update on one of my friends. When she was still before God and focused on His truths and His promises she was able to gain back some of her spirit and faith. So... Yeah!

I have friends who are moving away tomorrow and I am going to cry when I say goodbye. That is a fact. In my head I keep thinking of the song "Friends" by Michael W. Smith. Every year around this time we as students go through this. Friends graduate and oddly enough we graduate sometimes too. Usually this is coupled with moving on to something new. My mind is excited for these events because it means that God has other plans for them and God's plans are always good. The selfish part of me (I am not sure where that resides) doesn't want them to leave me because the whole goodbye thing is quite inconvenient. Sigh! Growth is hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home