From The Middle Of A Soybean Field

Mindless musings to pass the time while staring at lots of soy...

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Vacation From Vacation

I have returned from my time in the Bay Area and I can't put in words the feelings I have. As I look back at the pictures I am filled with a sense of awe. I wish I could say it was relaxing but I think that God was working on me. He has been so persistent and I praise Him for His faithfulness but it is tiring. Of course, my trains being 5 and 6 hours late didn't help the tired part. The pictures turned out much better than I thought and I am glad. They have been such an encouragement to me as I seek the Lord.

Prayer Request Update: My Father is not doing any better. He and his doctor are still trying to find the magic combination for his medicine. If it doesn't work soon they are going to take more drastic and invasive measures. Also, my Great Aunt who we are all very close to has been in the hospital for a couple weeks. Her condition won't stabilize so that she can return home. She is 90+ and has lived quite a life. Her health has been declining and the doctors say that it is just a matter of time. They don't know when but they think that her organs are just too tired to fight much longer.

I will end this with a reference to Chapter 3 of Colossians. I was going to include just a few verses but I keep changing my mind about which ones. Life in Christ is too exciting. I can't isolate a few for this post.

1 Comments:

  • At 3/28/2007 9:30 AM, Blogger Ramona said…

    will be praying for your father. i'm glad that you were able to go to the bay area, even if it wasn't the most relaxing vacation!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home