From The Middle Of A Soybean Field

Mindless musings to pass the time while staring at lots of soy...

Monday, November 12, 2007

Ewww!

I had a hunch that I wasn't alone in the house. Little gifts were being left on the counters. After chatting with the Fruittart/Husband combo and receiving supplies I was set to confirm my suspicions. This morning two dead mice were waiting for me in their traps. I suspected that the stove was their home so I flanked it with traps. The problem now is that I have to dispose of them. I have taken care of mice (alive and dead) for friends before but apparently in the last two years I have lost my nerve. The problem is that the position of one of the mice in the trap is a bit more than I want to tackle. I can do it but I really don't want to. Unfortunately, they are on my kitchen counter and I am not willing to cook until I sanitize either.

Any volunteers want to help me out?

4 Comments:

  • At 11/12/2007 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Are the traps that expensive? No? Chuck the whole thing!

     
  • At 11/13/2007 11:42 AM, Blogger Ofelia said…

    We did throw the whole thing out. I had a friend come over and put them in a bag and wipe up the icky stuff on the counter. Then I sanitized so I could make food. I put out two more traps but no takers this morning. I hope that means there are no more mice and not that they are getting smarter. I might have to find some new places. I wanted to move the other two but I kept setting off the traps. They are really loud.

     
  • At 11/13/2007 2:42 PM, Blogger Fruit tart said…

    Blech. I can't handle them. I'm glad someone helped you!

    We frequently have them come in threes, but like The Husband said -- we've come to the point that we just keep traps set in the garage at all times since that is their main point of entry.

     
  • At 11/13/2007 7:34 PM, Blogger 20-30-40 said…

    So sorry to hear about your new visitors. You know how I feel about them! And you were really brave a couple of summers ago when I was the damsel in distress. Hopefully you will get some help with them soon. Otherwise...maybe you can lure them away from the stove with a bag of almonds placed somewhere else?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home