Pho (the bootleg version)
I have come down with a icky cold. In order to get the chill and ache I have adapted a Vietnamese Pho recipe to make a chicken noodle soup except one time I used edamame and tofu. Anyway, it smelled and tasted awesome so I am including the recipe here. If you get sick, I suggest trying this soup because I have heard rumors that it is so good it regrows limbs.
Soup
3-4 c. stock base-I have used mushroom, chicken, and vegetable
A few mushrooms
handful of cilantro
green onion
ginger
star anise, cardamon-if you are going to use beef not recommended for chicken or tofu
sesame oil-splash
soy sauce-splash
Let that simmer together and get all yummy and fragrant
Add protein source: extra firm or baked tofu and edamame, beef, chicken
Let that cook until heated through.
Add noodles: rice or buckwheat-I used whatever I had on hand and opened.
Add cabbage. This is my favorite part of the soup. It added such great flavor and texture.
Cook until tender but not mushy.
I mentioned that I was sick so I used what I had on hand. I didn't really feel like going to the store. I took a Pho recipe and just altered to suit what I had which is why I call it bootleg. It was very tasty so enjoy.
Soup
3-4 c. stock base-I have used mushroom, chicken, and vegetable
A few mushrooms
handful of cilantro
green onion
ginger
star anise, cardamon-if you are going to use beef not recommended for chicken or tofu
sesame oil-splash
soy sauce-splash
Let that simmer together and get all yummy and fragrant
Add protein source: extra firm or baked tofu and edamame, beef, chicken
Let that cook until heated through.
Add noodles: rice or buckwheat-I used whatever I had on hand and opened.
Add cabbage. This is my favorite part of the soup. It added such great flavor and texture.
Cook until tender but not mushy.
I mentioned that I was sick so I used what I had on hand. I didn't really feel like going to the store. I took a Pho recipe and just altered to suit what I had which is why I call it bootleg. It was very tasty so enjoy.

1 Comments:
At 10/04/2007 11:55 AM,
20-30-40 said…
Sounds yummy! Next time (when you're not so sick), you'll have a post a photo of a bowl of your bootleg pho. Hope you completely recover soon!
Post a Comment
<< Home