From The Middle Of A Soybean Field

Mindless musings to pass the time while staring at lots of soy...

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Thankful Thursday Except for the whole week

I had a really great week. God taught me something last weekend and I am just sorry that it took me a few times to get it. Thankfully, God sees our heart and knows how to reach us. Praise Him for that. I am also thankful for His revelations to others who are willing to share those insights in conversations or even through writings. I am currently very thankful for the insights in Letters to Malcolm: Chiefly on Prayer by C.S. Lewis. Prayer is a sweet time of fellowship with the Lord.
I am very thankful that while my father is not currently doing very well (his atrial fibrillation is increasing) he is not in the hospital and really trying to take care of himself. He is going to his wellness classes and he is talking about the role of Christ in his life. God is using this to mature my father and show him how fleeting our time here on earth really is. The Lord is dealing mightily with my father and he is finally listening.
I am thankful for my mother who has a birthday very soon. She is beautiful and thank God for our relationship.
I am thankful that a certain soldier returned safely from Iraq. I pray that God would dwell richly in him as he readjusts to life in the States.

This has been a sweet week of fellowship with my Lord and I praise Him for His Word and how He uses it through the Spirit to both rebuke and comfort us. All glory be to God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home