My Latest Recipe
So I was dabbling with a dip recipe for a certain anonymous pregnant woman when because of an issue with too much garlic I had to become creative. It literally burned the whole way down. The dip is a feta base with toasted nuts. In order to mellow out the garlic I added some cream and made a very tasty pasta sauce which was good enough to serve to company. The first time I made it, I added turkey bacon, wilted spinach, and some peas to add protein and veggies. I didn't have those ingredients on hand so this time I used summer squash and zucchini (must always have a vegetable). I served this over a nice brown rice pasta (because wheat is evil and fiber is good).
Pasta Sauce
Feta cheese (from your favorite ruminant)-let's guess 1 cup
Toasted walnuts-let's go with 1 cup again
garlic
sour cream-I used Soy "Better than Sour Cream"-to desired richness
olive oil
fresh herbs-parsley, oregano, pick your fav.
green onion
If you get along well with dairy then you can add milk to control the consistency.
Chop. Mix. Heat. Serve. It is that simple and very good.
Pasta Sauce
Feta cheese (from your favorite ruminant)-let's guess 1 cup
Toasted walnuts-let's go with 1 cup again
garlic
sour cream-I used Soy "Better than Sour Cream"-to desired richness
olive oil
fresh herbs-parsley, oregano, pick your fav.
green onion
If you get along well with dairy then you can add milk to control the consistency.
Chop. Mix. Heat. Serve. It is that simple and very good.

2 Comments:
At 7/19/2007 1:44 PM,
Anonymous said…
Those pesky anonymous pregnant women!
At 7/19/2007 2:10 PM,
Ofelia said…
Yes, but there are a lot of them right now and the recipe has been a sound hit. One thing about it, it does have an interesting aroma.
Post a Comment
<< Home