From The Middle Of A Soybean Field

Mindless musings to pass the time while staring at lots of soy...

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Busy Times

I have been busy. I had a birthday. We played pool. I lost but we had fun.That is me drinking a chocolate stout. It was good. I also planted some soybeans with some help from M.

They are growing up so fast. The next one is for J.Y. I hope this makes you proud.

I made this cherry cobbler in the slow cooker. It was lovely. It was pretty simple. Dump in some fruit. Add some thick cake batter on top. Turn on the slow cooker. I went with cherry for fruit and nibs in the cake portion to give it that little something extra. I also decided to not add any sugar to the cake and let the fruit do its thing. I think it turned out pretty well for a 5 minute dessert.

2 Comments:

  • At 7/23/2008 11:02 AM, Blogger 20-30-40 said…

    Wow....dessert looks yummy! By "nibs" did you mean chocolate nibs? Cool!

    Hope to see more photos with your future posts!

     
  • At 7/24/2008 8:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I followed your lead and put nibs in my cherry pie for dinner group. It turned out very well, despite the fact that I thought the lattice was going to sink while the pie was baking.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home