A Confession and A Reminder
As I look back over my posts I see that they are mostly consumed with issues about my attitude. I have a feeling that this will be my issue for the year. I was at home for a wedding and I was reminded of a couple things. There are certain relationships that I have where my attitude just stinks. I can confess to most of them but there is one that I can't quite give up. I have been told that I have a hard heart when it comes to certain things and several members of my family take the blame for it. I believe that it rests solely on my shoulders. In my family vulnerability is a luxury. We cry in private so that we are not a burden and we ALWAYS maintain a tough exterior. It is our mechanism to protect ourselves and our pride. I have been trying to maintain that lately but it is not working so well. In fact, last night I broke. God took that moment where I admitted that I needed to talk with someone and He blessed it by providing the people and the words that I needed to hear.
My friend told me the obvious which I had just said to someone not even a week earlier. You see, I just forgot that it has global applications. She said, "God has been faithful throughout and there is no reason to think that He is not going to continue to do so." I so needed to be reminded of that.
You might wonder why I am writing this in a mass post as opposed to a private email. You see this is my confession. If you have been wondering, yes I have been avoiding you. While I have been truly busy, I do enjoy having an excuse to be a hermit. I am sorry and I ask for your forgiveness.
My friend told me the obvious which I had just said to someone not even a week earlier. You see, I just forgot that it has global applications. She said, "God has been faithful throughout and there is no reason to think that He is not going to continue to do so." I so needed to be reminded of that.
You might wonder why I am writing this in a mass post as opposed to a private email. You see this is my confession. If you have been wondering, yes I have been avoiding you. While I have been truly busy, I do enjoy having an excuse to be a hermit. I am sorry and I ask for your forgiveness.

2 Comments:
At 10/06/2006 1:50 PM,
Anonymous said…
Solitude can be a good thing but too much of it can keep us from receiving even better things like encouragement, feedback, and hugs!
Hope you're feeling more uplifted now.
At 10/06/2006 4:59 PM,
Ofelia said…
Yeah, I am working on that. I have one friend in my lab who can just get me to talk. It is amazing. She is so patient with me.
Post a Comment
<< Home