From The Middle Of A Soybean Field

Mindless musings to pass the time while staring at lots of soy...

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Pumpkin "Muffkies"

I made some muffin like cookies for small group this week. I am going to list the recipe here. They are wheat, dairy, refined sugar, egg free. I recommend serving them with a spiced, sweetened cream cheese (or a soy type cream cheese). If not then put a drop of agave nectar on top to give it a little more flavor. You can also add spices to batter at well. Suggestions- cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, cardamon, ginger, etc.

Pumpkin Muffkies

2/3 to 3/4 c. agave nectar
1 T. butter or margarine
Cream together.
Add 1.5 t. egg replacer powder (equivalent to 1 egg)
vanilla
1 c. pumpkin puree
Cream again.
Add walnuts.
Mix.
Add 2 c. spelt flour - I use a blend of whole grain and white spelt
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
Mix together.

Put on cookie sheet. They don't expand that much.
Bake at 325 until set. About 10 minutes.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 4/01/2007 11:38 PM, Blogger Ofelia said…

    I made these as muffins tonight using 3/4 c. agave nectar. They turned out really well. I put a little piece of chocolate in the middle which actually had too much of a taste. I think next time I might do either a cream cheese or a little pat of butter to add that richness. The texture was great. I also added cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg to the batter.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home