From The Middle Of A Soybean Field

Mindless musings to pass the time while staring at lots of soy...

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Diabetes Drugs

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071114/ap_on_he_me/diabetes_drug

The above article drew my attention because my father had to deal with a similar issue. He was on a different drug to control his diabetes for quite some time. Recently (read: two weeks ago) he was advised that he actually shouldn't be on the particular drug because it was shown to have the same effects on the heart as mentioned in the article above. WHY DID THEY PUT HIM ON IT IN THE FIRST PLACE? When my father started taking this particular drug, I had to advise him about the side effects that I was aware of. Unfortunately, I was only aware of the side effects pertinent to someone of my age and health status. His doctors didn't even warm him that he would suffer extreme nausea and vomiting because they didn't slowly increase his dosage.

Why did I decide not to go to medical school?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home