Do You Believe This
John 11:25-26
I recently heard a sermon about the resurrection of Lazarus. I was profoundly struck by the end of verse 26. "Jesus asked, 'Do you believe this?' " I have been feeling kind of grumpy lately and I keep trying to remind myself that He is risen. Darthscsi reminded me that I was forgetting the rest of that and neglecting the continuing feast. This really hit home last night when I received a call informing me that my aunt who had been in the hospital for weeks had passed away. Jesus' question along with 1 Thes. 4 made me reconsider my greiving process. It is true that we don't greive the same way and I praise the Lord for that.

2 Comments:
At 4/12/2007 12:32 PM,
Anonymous said…
((hugs)) Sorry to hear the news. I'm glad you are finding comfort in Jesus' words.
At 4/12/2007 12:36 PM,
Ofelia said…
I think she looks pretty good for 93. She was sharp in mind. I am glad that she never lost that. We used to go grocery shopping together because she had even more food issues than I did!
Post a Comment
<< Home